Weekend Adventure

Monday, May 12, 2014

So this past weekend, I went to Ann Arbor with my friend, Krysten. Her birthday is about to come up, so I decided to take her on an adventure, and give her a day of pampering. We first started off the day by going to the spa! She had never gotten a massage before, so I decided now was a great time to introduce her to this pleasant experience. We received the full spa package by starting off with a massage, and then getting manicures and pedicures.




Next, we got lunch at a place called No Thai! I would recommend going there at least once. There are all sorts of items on their menu! A lot of it has rice and curry (a mix of spices; typically has a spicy taste) with their dishes. However, there is also chicken and rice that you could get, which you can also order at a Chinese restaurant, so you know it's not something new to the taste buds. I stuck with that dish, but got a spicy sauce to go along with the chicken. I personally love spicy food. The hotter the food, the better! If you are into that sort of food, then I would definitely advise you to try this place out. Though, the heat should not discourage you, because they have so much on the menu that is not at all spicy!
After lunch, we ventured into downtown to look at the shops! I feel like the stores you wouldn't think to look into are the ones with the most interesting items. For instance, we went into this small shop that looked like it had hand-made jewelry, but as we walked farther in, we saw all sorts of stuff! I found a few little random things like Shakespeare insult gum and insult bandages. I, being the nerd that I am, found these enjoyable, and was tempted to buy everything that was Shakespeare related. In my sophomore year of high school, I had this English teacher that absolutely loved writers born before the 21st century, like Edger Allan Poe and Shakespeare. Her love for these writers made me obsess over them as well. I had half a mind to buy them just for her! She is a very lovely person and influenced my life greatly. She deserves the best from past students!
Later, we ended up in a store that had a ton of sorority items. I love buying anything that has my letters on it, so you can imagine my excitement when I came across this shop. I found one thing in particular that really caught my eye, which was a sorority stamp. You can customize your own personal stamp for your sorority. I know that my sorority would really benefit from it! It would be really convenient for letter writing, or invitations!



I then decided to go to my family's store since we were so close, and Krysten hadn't seen my hometown. We ended up going to, in my opinion, the best ice cream place around--Handel's! They have the most amazing homemade ice cream and yogurt. The line was outrageously long, but we thought it was worth the wait. The last stop for the day was to my parent's store, where we ate a marvelous homemade pizza, which then put an end to our fabulous adventure! I would consider this day one of the best I've had in weeks.


Questions:
How was your weekend?

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. 
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Alhana 

 photo sig_zpsekkwuhkv.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply