Review: Urban Decay Lipstick

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Within the past year, I have gotten into the habit of putting on lipstick. I'm one of those experimental junkies that love to try anything and everything. Most people just look at something and say, "ew, I would NEVER wear that." Well, here is the thing, I would. I've always felt this sense of respect for those people who could pull off the most exotic and "out-of-this-world" type looks. Therefore, when I see makeup that catches my eye, I buy it.

Lipstick is one of my weaknesses. When I see a color I don't have, I HAVE to buy it; and yes, that includes, but is not limited to: blue, orange, brown, and purple. I honestly love the different colors that highlight the features of your face in the most unusual way!

Well, today I'm going to be talking about Urban Decay. I LOVE love love, their products. They are one of those top-of-the-line brands that I find an enjoyable treat whenever I can snag something on sale. They are a little more on the pricier side, but so worth it. My mother recently purchased a few lipsticks from Urban Decay for an "I love you" treat. I had never actually tried lipsticks from Urban Decay prior to this, so I gave it a whirl, and let me tell you, it was an AMAZING experience to say the least. The lipstick glides on so smoothly, and the color looks great! It's a pleasant contrast in relation to the whiteness of my face, and when worn with dark makeup, it makes the eyes seem bigger, and doe-like.

I would highly recommend anyone buy this brand of lipstick. It stays on ALL day! I went out, had dinner, and even danced a little, and still it stayed on.



My current love affair is with the "Maniac" color. It can be described as a dark kind of maroon color. It looks great on people with dark hair. I've seen it on a couple of other people, and I think it makes them have a mysterious air to their look.



 It has an estimated cost of $22 per bottle, but I honestly think you get your worth out of the bottle. If you're a lipstick addict like I am, try it out! You can always go to places like Sephora and try it out before buying. I promise, you won't be disappointed. What other brands or colors do you like?

~Alhana 

Whenever a female takes a strong stand for herself, the majority of the time they have to really, really narrow it down to being feminine and wearing dresses and just being lipstick chic. 
-Michelle Rodriquez

 photo sig_zpsekkwuhkv.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply