So, I know I've repeatedly spoken about one of my siblings, but today is the time to give credit to my other sibling--Alexander. This amazing older brother of mine is my rock. Now, I'm about to get cheesy here, so brace yourselves...
My older brother is incredible! He is there to protect me when I need protecting. He is there to help me with any type of trouble I get into. I hold no doubt in my mind that if I was being held at gun point, my brother would probably throw a rock at the person who's shooting, just to distract him enough to jump in front of me.
Now, I'm not the most mushy, emotional person out there, so, naturally, I don't usually express my love very often. But I kid you not, when I get moody, and I'm about to start my period, he goes out without saying anything, and comes home within the hour to give me chocolate. He knows when I don't want to talk, so being the brother that he is, he comes into my room and tries to cheer me up. Though it's only endearing to me after my atrocious mood passes...
For Valentine's day, I'm always ya know, single, so my brother always gets me flowers that way I never feel left out, haha. Sure, you're probably thinking this is pretty weird, but most Middle Eastern homes tend to be a lot more family-oriented, so it's never viewed as weird. A lot of people get very envious or impressed when they see the closeness I share with my siblings.
Alexander and I have this really weird sibling relationship. He always asks if I want to come out with him and his friends, and vice versa. Sure, we annoy each other, but since we went to college and started living together, we really know what irks us and what doesn't.
Before I came to college, everyone told me living with a sibling is the worst idea in the world, but honestly, it's the best idea I've ever had! We rarely ever fight anymore; and this time in our life is crucial. It's both an end and a beginning; an end of a childhood, and a beginning into adulthood. It gets scary sometimes thinking about growing up, but I got the upper hand. I have the advantage of leaving home, but still having home right across the hall. I don't think I could deal with strangers living with me either; I am annoyed very easily, and am not very tolerable. I like order, and schedules, and that's exactly what I get when living with my brother. The past three years have made us a lot closer, not that we weren't close before, but you get the point. He is one of the best people to befriend, because his personality has always been him being the best person he can be to others. He gets the best presents; he listens when you need an ear, he comforts, and is very sincere. However, he can get a bit argumentative, but you can always just tune him out when that happens. He is my roommate, my best friend, my protector, my brother, and I wouldn't trade him for the world.
~Alhana
Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.
-Jeffrey Kluger

share this on » |
{Facebook} |
{Twitter} |
{Pinterest} |

