I usually feel the need to write in a poem-like structure when I have too much to say and so little time to say it all. The poems do not necessarily have to be about me or have anything to do with me in the slightest. It might be because I witnessed an event, or read something, or even let the peaceful drawl from the end of a day lead me to a random topic of choice.
I absolutely love getting out my journal and seeing where my mind takes me. Everyone needs a break from life, and this is one of mine. It takes awhile for someone to find that hobby that really helps them with life, but when they do, it feels like a warm sunrise that brings a promise of spring from the cold winter that was had that year.
I'll show you a piece I wrote a little while back, and you can be the judge...
Past of the Future
Where once it was dark,
There was a shadow following me.
I could not get rid of,
What I couldn't see.
I fought, and I stumbled, and I even lost my way,
But there was a path that lie ahead of me,
And I knew it was here to stay.
I was young at the time,
And I didn't understand,
Everything had a purpose,
And everything was planned.
I sat in the dark, wondering what was wrong,
And the angel by my side sung me a song.
He sang words of wisdom that has yet to come undone,
But this much I knew: I knew where I was from.
As time will unravel,
The secrets of my past.
It shall also unveil my future quite fast.
There is something that is coming,
But I still don't know what.
But with time it will come,
And pull me out of this rut.
The question of faith lies from within.
I just have to wait for it to begin.
~Alhana
What you are is what you have been. What you'll be is what you do now.
-Buddha

share this on » |
{Facebook} |
{Twitter} |
{Pinterest} |

