So this past weekend, I was given concert tickets for my birthday to see Birdy and Christina Perri. I am an absolute fan of them both, and was dying to see them on their tour this year, and my wish came true thanks to my fabulous friend/sorority sister, Krysten! We had tons of fun too! The concert was in Detroit, and she had a limo pick us up right in front of the apartment, which was awesome! I felt kind of famous walking when I got in because everyone was staring at us! This was my second time in a limousine, and honestly, I don't remember what my first time was like since I was five when I first rode in one.
So, an hour later we arrived in Detroit, and we had to wait in line. It was an AWFUL wait. I tell you, it was the most excruciatingly painful experience of my life. I seriously had had to pee for about two hours. By the time we got there, I couldn't hold it anymore. It physically hurt to take a step as the line started to move! We were in line for so long that I told my friend if I did not go pee soon, I was going to pee my pants (at that point I did not care). So, we got out of line and walked across the street to a McDonald's. Imagine my dismay when a worker there said that I needed to buy something before I could be buzzed into the bathroom. Krysten, being the heroic person that she was, bought a cookie, and I booked it to the bathroom. I never knew how wonderful it could feel to finally get to a bathroom and pee, but now I know not to take it for granted!
So, we both did our business and went back across the street to wait in line...again. The show had already started, but honestly, I didn't mind too much; I knew this bathroom story was one in a million! I was still having a blast waiting in line. We finally got through to the concert, and both singers turned out to be amazing! Their powerful voices showed pure talent, and I could feel their happiness flow off of them while they preformed. This concert was one of the best I had been to, and I'm glad I got to go to it!
It soon finished, and we were heading back to the waiting limo outside. This time it was dark, so the lighting inside was fabulous! We put up the volume of the CD we were listening to, and jammed out to our own beat! We finally got off the exit of the highway, and our driver opened the top of the sunroof, and we stuck our heads out and saw the most amazing view! The wind made our hair flow like we were movie stars, and everyone turned their heads as we passed by them. Some even waived, or "hooted" at us (yes we "hooted" back). As soon as the driver stopped, we had him take some pictures of us, and he then opened the door and helped us out. We came upstairs, and both started talking nonstop about the crazy fun we had. We both agreed that it was definitely a night that could never be forgotten.
So, here I am once again, on a would-be-Friday, showing you a fabulous time. I also wanted to take the time and say that every friday, I will try to start posting videos of my YouTube performances, so in honor of the concert, I have decided to play on the piano/sing a rendition of Skinny Love by Birdy. I hope you enjoy!!
-Alhana

share this on » |
{Facebook} |
{Twitter} |
{Pinterest} |

