The London Experience 2.0

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

            
           There is always that one place you find yourself seeing for the first time and irrevocably falling in love. A sense of warmth and well-being flows through your body, and you think, “I’m home.” London is my so-called happy place thus far. I have been trying to write a post so powerful for weeks to describe the weekend experience, but nothing I wrote seemed to grasp the thrill and experience this beautiful city brought me. A long weekend is all it took for me to picture my adult self roaming about the streets of London with a cup of tea in my hand, trying to catch the Tube (slang for metro) for work. I see myself walking the streets and speaking to the strangers in my British accent that I have picked up through my years of living. Although, I'm sure the accent will still be as fake as when I first started trying it out 8 years ago--hey, you can't blame a girl for trying, right?
            The scenery and all the sight seeing only grasped a small amount of what England has to offer. However, I can say this, in the small amount of time spent in that country, I quickly realized that there was a lot to offer. Ah, the joys of being young and having a future ahead of you is what makes travel that much more exciting. You never know what turn your life can take. 
            You get off of the bus for the first time, and this is what you see…




 photo sig_zpsekkwuhkv.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply