There is always that awful
feeling you get when something doesn’t go as you planned it; like the bus
stopping before it’s at your destination, not having wifi, or not getting the
expected results in the research you’ve been working on. Though something you
realize when you have a moment to really sit down and think is that all of that
doesn’t matter. Yeah, the issues can be a big problem and will probably need to
be resolved, but if there is nothing you can do about it, then here is some advice to live by: look on the bright
side. I am so guilty of being wrapped up in the moment, I forget about where I
am and how many things there are to do that excludes the Internet and
transportation.
So, I finally did what I first set out to do, and that
was to go roam in the woods alone, find a beautiful place to just sit, and
write. Two weeks in, and I finally got a chance to have some alone time, and
bask in the beauty I was surrounded in. As soon as I sat down and looked around
me, I thought to myself, “wow, who cares
about my insignificant problems. You are finally doing what you dreamed to be
doing at this moment. Breathe, relax, and let your mind wander.” I reveled
in the biting wind, and the sing-song of the wild animals surrounding the
woods. At that moment, I felt content…peaceful…thankful.
Now you feel centered again and still have your problems
to think about, so what’s the next thing you do? Travel is the correct answer
for this one. You sat. You cried. You had the best of times. You had the worst
of times. Now you need some live European action (no pun intended). So, without
further ado, here is a short clip of my travels to Amsterdam…

share this on » |
{Facebook} |
{Twitter} |
{Pinterest} |

