Summer is the season for creations, fun, and a time where you could be doing something new. I personally always get a list of goals that I usually like to complete by summer's end. Unfortunately, this year's list consists of a lot of adult-like chores like, "Get a Job. Study and take the GRE. Find an off-campus study. Find a research opportunity." It 's basically a ludicrous reminder telling me that as I grow older, it doesn't matter how short or long my lists are; they are always going to be unachievable because of the short time I will be allotted. I mean, unless you're superwoman, that paper filled with tasks will never be completed--it will just continue to grow.
Sure, I have the fun type of goals like, "Work-out. Blog. Write a few chapters in my book. Sleep. Take a shower!" This amusing list could go on and on, but I have to make myself believe that I could mark a few things off my list, like showering…or you know, maybe not.
However, I have been doing something that has been on my list, so yay for me! For the past few weeks, I have been going through this "cooking" phase. I've been trying these great recipes because, well, what mature Arab (Chaldean) doesn't know how to cook for her future, hypothetical husband? Okay, so maybe that's not exactly what's on my mind, but I do like to do the so-called "womanly duties" like the cooking and cleaning, so why not? I mean, I live with two growing boys who love to eat, and repetitive meals tend to get boring.
Yes, I am taking the year-round classes in order to graduate at a semi-reasonable time, but when I'm out of class I've decided to do something productive with my time, other than sleeping that is. I've been posting a ton of pictures of my cooking skills, and have been getting requests for recipes, so from time to time, I will post concoctions I have either taken from the internet and put a little flair into them, or something of my own creation.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Prep Time: 10-15 min
Cook Time: 30-35 min
Total Time: 40-50 min
Makes about 6 servings
Need:
1 head of cauliflower (6 cups grated)
2 large eggs
6 oz shredded Italian cheese blend or grated parmesan
1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley
1-2 teaspoons of minced garlic
Oregano
Salt and Pepper
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder (may vary)
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper, and put coking spray so the crust does not stick.
Break the cauliflower up into pieces and pulse through a food processor until it is fully grated.
In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, two large eggs, cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic power, and parsley and mix until you get a consistency that sort-of sticks together (it should not be watery).
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking sheet, and evenly spread out the layer (depending on how thick you want the crust to be).
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until lightly brown.
Add your desired topics, and let it bake for another 10-15 minutes.
I had so much left over, that I made a cauliflower cheese bread too! I personally LOVED this recipe, but if you are a pizza lover, and you already think that the bread is God's gift from heaven, then you probably will be one of those people that don't like cauliflower ruining something like the carb-filled American style pizza.
I think one thing a lot of people tend to get disappointed about is when a healthy substitute does not taste like the real thing. Cauliflower will NOT taste like bread, nor will it have the same texture. However, in my opinion, I would take the cauliflower over the bread any day, since I'm not a huge pizza-bread fan.
P.S. I had leftovers for days, so if you're always in a rush, it's a perfect meal for anyone that wants extras for later!
| Before it was put into the oven |
| Cooked crust, with added toppings! |
So, for all of you that have been wanting to try different recipes, happy cooking! Let me know how you liked the recipe, and if I should have added or removed something.

share this on » |
{Facebook} |
{Twitter} |
{Pinterest} |

