Journal Entry [Take Two] (The Struggles of Debt)

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Source

Dear College Debt,

Why must you be such a stressor in my life? Is it not enough that I work two jobs, attempt to nurture my relationships in life, and go to school as a full-time student? There are so many of us struggling to make it out alive of this hopeless, accumulating, monstrosity. How in the world do you expect me to pay you back to the money-hungry people we call the government? By the time I finish with my degree, go onto an even higher educational institution, and find a job that hires people in my profession, I will be ankle deep with stress and worry.

My interest is already building as I continue to embark on my journey in college, and as soon as I graduate, that interest will skyrocket, and I will have to start paying hundreds of dollars more a month in order to keep up with my loans.

My life of loans makes me feel like I am in my own circle of Hell from which I cannot seem to claw my way out of; no matter how hard I try. Within the past ten years, college tuition alone has increased a substantial amount, but the pay I receive does not. The meager amount I make has to pay for my car insurance, health insurance, house payment, utilities, and groceries. Now, how in the world would I ever get the chance to make a make a chip into my so-called "ice berg" of debt? 
Sure, I will graduate, and (hopefully) get a good paying job, but then what? It will take me at least 20 years to get myself out of my $300,000 balance I owe. I have to jump through hoops in order to get a degree, and even then, I am not guaranteed a job once I venture off into the "real world." 
Is it not possible to lighten up a little bit? Is there no hope for the millions of people that want to get an education, but can't because they can't afford it? You, my friend, are the enemy of billions--past, present, and future.

There will come a day when the people will start to say NO MORE! They will fight for their freedom of being tied down by your bullying ways. It will be the slowest of processes, but with constant vigilance, college debt will start to decline and maybe even one day, vanish from the sight of my country, our country--The United States of America. Maybe one day, the stress of college debt will become nothing more than an awful nightmare, and many can finally have a peaceful night of rest without the worry of money.
A girl can hope right?

                          Yours Truly, 
A Concerned Student 

Debt is the slavery of the free.
-Publilius Syrus

 photo sig_zpsekkwuhkv.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply